So I’m going to cheat a little today, because seriously it’s Friday! Best day of the week! Some random Friday facts for you!
- The word Friday comes from the Norse goddess, Freya. She’s the goddess of fertility.
- It’s considered bad luck to embark on a voyage on a Friday.
- Alfred Hitchcock was born on Friday…. the 13th!
- Months that begin on Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th”.
- Fridays are supposedly great days for counting seeds. Good Friday seems to be a favorite for planting potato seeds!
- The term “Black Friday” was originally used to designate historical disasters that fell on a Friday. Ironically, it’s used in the US now to describe the day after Thanksgiving, first “official” shopping day of the Christmas season and every retail worker’s nightmare.
Do you have any fun Friday facts? Feel free to share!
This post was written as part of the April A-Z Challenge. For 26 days in the month of April (excluding Sundays), a post will be written for each letter of the alphabet. April seventh is “F” and and since it falls on a Friday, “Friday” seemed like a fantastic quick topic to throw some fun facts out about! Forgive the frequent alliteration, fortunately “f” words are favorable on Fridays…. 🙂
Click here to see my other A-Z posts.